Recruitment as a career path
Recruitment ▪ 3 years ago
A career in recruitment offers a fast paced, results orientated, people focused role, where essentially, the success you achieve is determined by you. When starting out in recruitment it’s crucial to choose the right consultancy – it’s very important to work in a high achieving team that shares your values and provides the very best experience for clients and candidates. Success for us means really getting to know our clients and candidates in detail, putting their interests first and delivering success for them.
If you have done any research about entering the recruitment market, it will be clear to you that recruitment consultants come from every educational and career background. In most cases they didn’t initially set out to become a recruiter and entered the recruitment industry after having been on a different career path which didn’t fulfil them.
This job is not for everyone, however it could be the perfect role for you if you are a determined individual with a positive and competitive outlook; success can happen very quickly and there is always something new to learn.
The recruitment industry has evolved significantly over the last 10 years, and at Hunter Savage we believe very strongly that the future of our industry is in delivering niche services that add value to our clients. As technology develops, clients will do more for themselves, and to remain competitive we must always aspire to deepen our knowledge of our networks in our niche sectors to develop relationships and reach candidates that are unique to us.
When we are recruiting, we always look for candidates with an excellent interpersonal skillset, intelligence, personal credibility, work ethic, and an inner drive/need to be successful.
What does a career at Hunter Savage offer?
A successful recruitment career is a very financially rewarding experience. What you earn is ultimately determined by your effort and success.
At Hunter Savage we offer a highly supportive team environment. We have a successful and positive team environment which is a key enabler for your success.
• We offer excellent mentoring and structured training with the opportunity of rapid progression within our company.
• We offer a market leading base salary and a very competitive commission structure. The financial rewards are exceptional and commission structure is uncapped and clearly defined to encourage success.
• Our hours of work are 8:30-5:30 Mon-Thurs and 8:30-4:30 on Friday. As a company we offer good work/life balance and consultants don’t need to do overtime.
• 23 days holidays plus your birthday off (plus stats) increases to 25 days + birthday off (plus stats) with service.
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years’ service.
• Contributory Pension
• Health & Wellbeing – Employee assistance program
• Cycle to work scheme
• Regular social activities
If you would like to learn more about what your career path could potentially look like at Hunter Savage, please give Ronan Savage a call directly to have a confidential chat.
07756805605 or 0852155537.
We are currently recruiting in our Belfast and Dublin office across Accountancy & Finance, HR, Engineering, Sales & Marketing and IT.