Dublin ▪ Accounting & Finance
4 days ago
This audit senior position will provide a platform for anyone seeking to broaden their overall managerial, knowledge and skills within a dynamic and growing audit department. My client is a leading business advisory and accountancy firm ranking among the top 10 firms in Ireland. It is an ideal opportunity for anyone seeking to further their career in practice.
- Lead the delivery of audit assignments across a range of sectors.
- Ensure that all audit assignments are planned and that staff are briefed in advance on the specific risks of the assignment.
- Draft high-quality financial statements and audit reports that include practical recommendations to address all risk issues and control weaknesses identified during the assignment
- Liaise closely and build effective working relationships with client staff in all disciplines (tax, company secretarial etc.) to facilitate and support the audit process.
- Ensure the Partner is appropriately briefed at all times
- Deliver audit assignments to a high standard of quality, ensuring conformance with FRS102 and Irish GAAP, addressing key risks effectively and adhering to allotted timescales, budgets and resource allocation.
- Be fully conversant and understand the authority levels of this role and those of all relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance with the firm’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Manage the day-to-day supervision, on-the-job training and mentoring of junior staff allocated to audit assignment and fully participate in all performance management initiatives as required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Demonstrable understanding of risk, Irish GAAP, FRS102 and CA2014 and awareness of topical issues
- Knowledge of the development of audit strategies and Terms of Engagement for individual engagements
- Proven ability to work on a diverse range of clients across multiple sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills plus the proven ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at any one time.
- Attractive salary package & bonus
- Career development & mentoring programme
- Employee referral programme
- Client referral programme
- Workplace banking
- Additional annual leave for years of service
- Social club
- Casual Fridays
- Tax-saver commuter travel
- Bike-to-work scheme
- VHI Group Discount
- Pension / PHI / Life Assurance
- Corporate discounts
I can guarantee confidentiality for those who wish to find out more about the role with no obligation to send CV. Hunter Savage are a leading niche accountancy recruitment firm based in Dublin. All of our consultants are experts within their fields and as such ensure that we provide a unique insight into recruitment market. All our candidate dealings are highly confidential and we ensure that we provide a personalised consultative service to each candidate.
If you are interested in applying please contact Lisa Foley for a confidential discussion on 0858661933.
Job posted by
Accounting & Finance
Interested in a confidential discussion about the role, Contact me on the details below.
Alternatively, please apply for the job using the following form..