Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Northern Ireland (excl. Belfast) ▪ Engineering & Technical
3 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join this well established manufacturing firm and to bring their required skills
Undertake electrical maintenance cover for production to ensure that breakdowns and other issues are resolved promptly, and downtime is minimised.
• Utilise the Mp2 system to ensure that all Active Maintenance work is recorded and closed.
• Utilise the Maintenance Request Data Base to ensure that all Reactive Maintenance work is logged, recorded and closed.
• Undertake project work through from installation to commissioning to ensure changes are implemented to the plan and refined if necessary.
• Provide technical support within the engineering department, to other operational departments and external contractors to ensure that the best solutions are identified and implemented.
• Attend and contribute to team meetings once a month which drive departmental performance in order to support continuous improvement and sustainability initiatives.
• Follow all site rules relating to health & safety, environment and quality to ensure that we remain compliant with all legislation and internal procedures.
• A recognised apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering, typically gained as an electrical engineer in a manufacturing environment.
• Educated to ONC or equivalent in Electrical engineering
• Must be willing to undertake training as required
• Proven experience with AC/DC motors, 3 phase electrics, variable speed drives and servo control systems
• An understanding of control systems with knowledge of PLC
• Experience of fault diagnosis on control systems using schematics, program listing or diagnostics
Desirable (but not essential)
• Educated to HNC and BTEC
• Multi-skilled NVQ level 3
• An understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics
• High speed tufting machine experience.
• IET 17th or 18th edition
• PLC Programming and diagnostic knowledge
• Salary: Multiskilled Engineer £12.57 per hour
Electrical Engineer £11.96 per hour
• 18.5% Shift bonus
• Two quarterly bonus’s
• 35 Days Holidays
• Paid Holidays
• Westfield Healthcare
• Company benefits
For further information, and to apply for this Electrical Maintenance Engineer position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and Chris Bell will be in touch. Visit our website for a full list of design/manufacturing opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as
your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.
Job posted by
Engineering & Technical
Interested in a confidential discussion about the role, Contact me on the details below.
Alternatively, please apply for the job using the following form..