IT Support Engineer – Newry
Northern Ireland (excl. Belfast) ▪ IT
1 month ago
This role will support the IT team with the implementation and delivery of IT projects whilst also supporting the day to day operations of the team. This is an exciting opportunity to join the organisation at a time of internal transformational change. Working as part of a small team the role is broad in scope and so there will be a challenging and exciting workload.
Top 3 things to know about this role?
- Growing company and sector
- Broad, challenging role with IT project work
- Good salary and benefits
Our client is a well-established NI business with an all-Ireland & UK reach. The business is growing and is in a sector that is also growing despite the current economic climate. They are keen to recruit an IT Support Engineer to compliment the existing IT team in an interesting role which combines both day to day IT support but also exciting project work. Reporting to the Head of IT your responsibilities will include;
- Providing technical support for Windows, MS Office, SQL Server, Exchange Server and other computer software installations including customer’s software products
- System administrator, responsible for security infrastructure (firewalls, VPN, anti-virus, web usage)
- Monitor and administer Backup and Disaster recovery provision
- Maintain network infrastructure e.g. switches, servers, routers
- Maintain accurate inventory of equipment and software
- To be the first point of contact for our customers requiring technical support and implementation assistance
- Resolve customer support tickets raised through our helpdesk and escalate when required
- Support internal ERP solutions
- Document processes in line with ITIL and best practice
Ideally you will meet the following criteria
- Degree – ideally in IT or related subject
- 3 + years’ experience in an IT support role with experience supporting the following technologies Windows Server, Linux, VMWare, Avaya IP500, SQL Server, MS Exchange Server, MS Windows and Office desktop applications, MS Office 365
- Ability to work well under pressure and a “can do attitude”
- Client focused
- Excellent communication skills
For further information, and to apply for this IT support job, please contact Ronan Savage. Visit our website for a full list of IT opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.
Job posted by
Interested in a confidential discussion about the role, Contact me on the details below.
Alternatively, please apply for the job using the following form..