This ever expanding and established global technology leader have been operating in the Co. Antrim area for a number of years.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join a world leading firm within the manufacturing/technologies sector and bring their required skills.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
1. Work within a well established company based in the Co. Antrim area
2. Will work across the company business sectors including Sales, Field Service, Engineering and Compliance
3. Will be joining the companies International Product Management Team
• Act as communication Domain Expert, reviewing customer’s requirements for the integration of IED in the communication network and creating a suitable solution working together with Product Management team.
• Work with the colleagues in Product Management and Engineering to devise requirements for NPI developments.
• Identify and articulate relevant technology.
• Incubate the application of new technologies through research and proof of concept use cases.
• Program third party RTU and PLC devices
• Be responsible of the IED configuration depending on the product selection
• Be responsible for testing commercially available RTUs, simulate customer network configuration and test IED integration in the infrastructure
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• Degree/Diploma in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, or Computing Sciences from an accredited college or university.
• Strong knowledge of Power System ad Substation Control &Protection Applications and Architectures for the Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Industrial segments
• Proficient in computing technology, cyber security, and communication protocols as IEC61850, DNP3, OPC UA, MODBUS, MQTT
• Expert knowledge of cyber security trends, technologies, and their applicability to the utility industry.
• Prior experience with SCADA devices including protective relays, communications processors, and terminal services.
• Prior experience with network troubleshooting tools including Wireshark and Fiddler.
• Working knowledge of common substation transmission communication architectures.
• Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20% of time if required
Desirable (but not essential)
• Experience in software development
• Expert knowledge in Windows domain design, configuration, and administration
• Expert knowledge in database design, configuration, and administration.
• Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint installation, configuration, and administration.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certification (MCP) or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
• Project leading attitude in agreeing project timescales and specifications with clients and engineering and ensuring that objectives and deadlines are met
For further information, and to apply for this Automation Engineer position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and Chris Bell will be in touch.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.