This ever expanding and established global technology leader have been operating in the Co. Antrim area for a number of years.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Systems QA Engineer to join a world leading firm within the manufacturing/technologies sector and bring their required skills.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
1. Work within a well established company based in the Co. Antrim area
2. Will work across the company business sectors including Sales, Field Service, Engineering and Compliance
3. Will be joining the companies International Product Management Team
• Actively collaborate with stakeholders to clarify requirements to define, document and implement system test plans and test cases
• Perform the manual system tests and analyse results to ensure requirements are met and highlight issues if they are not
• Perform exploratory testing to increase test coverage and quality
• Facilitate integration testing of new features and improvements using latest builds and from various teams
• Test using production data where possible to assess impact on production and minimise deployment issues.
• Identify opportunities and solutions to maximise test automation and facilitate implementation by developing test scripts or harnesses where necessary.
• Work effectively within a diverse team to define testable user stories and acceptance criteria and to resolve any defects that may arise.
• Prepare and present test reports to include status and coverage
• Ability to train new employees and coach existing employees
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• A 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years in Software QA, System integration role or verification of large or complex distributed software systems
• Proven ability to accurately test, analyse, evaluate, and report results
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be results oriented and drive to ensure successful completion of the projects on time, on budget and within the defined scope while leading through influence and with strong soft people skills and tact
• Stakeholder management skills and strong leadership abilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
Desirable (but not essential)Desirable (but not essential)
• Experience in software development
• Expert knowledge in Windows domain design, configuration, and administration
• Expert knowledge in database design, configuration, and administration.
• Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint installation, configuration, and administration.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certification (MCP) or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
• Project leading attitude in agreeing project timescales and specifications with clients and engineering and ensuring that objectives and deadlines are met
For further information, and to apply for this Software Systems QA Engineer position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and Chris Bell will be in touch.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.