It’s a great time to be an Accountant in Belfast, there is a big requirement for qualified Accountants at various levels and in a wide range of specialisms. So many, that it can sometimes be difficult to tell the difference. Having spent hours with countless firms in and around Belfast, I can say that they are different, and this one in particular took my interest.
Why apply for this role?
– Unlike a lot of Audit positions, this role does not involve any travel outside of NI, as the firm focuses only on local clients
– This is a reasonably big firm, but encourages a small firm culture where the atmosphere is relaxed and sociable as much as it is busy and professional
– There is genuine room for progression, and there are positions available from Senior to Associate Director. The focus of the firm is very much on it’s people, so there are programmes in place to encourage your development. There is no culture of ‘hierarchy’.
– Flexible start times/finish times are encouraged for employees that would benefit from this
– The benefits package is excellent, ask me for more details on this
– Finally, and importantly, the salary being offered at each level is very generous. It is negotiable, but you will definately see an increase on your existing package.
What are they looking for?
– Firstly, you have to be a Qualified Accountant and have experience in an Audit role, which is a given
– They are looking for someone who is sociable and who will fit in comfortably in this environment. Someone who is able to perform well in their role, but enjoy work at the same time
– If you like managing people, this will be an advantage, there are junior team members who will appreciate your input
– It could also suit someone coming from a smaller firm, where Accounts work has been more prominent than Audit, any further training or support you need will be provided.
How to apply?
– Simply apply using the option below, or if you’d like to find out more first, you can get in touch with me for a confidential chat and more details. Find me, Steven Osborne on LinkedIn, or on the Hunter Savage website (Link above)