The role of the Legal Secretary will primarily involve assisting fee earners with day to day management support.
The candidate must have at least 2 years legal secretarial experience.
Experience within a commercial practice is preferable but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking to develop their career within a professional legal environment as a legal secretary.
- GCSE Math and English or equivalent
- 2 years legal secretarial experience
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work independently but also as part of a team
- Experience in billing
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, learn quickly and display initiative
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to provide practical support
Desirable but not essential criteria:
- Legal Secretarial certification
- Experience in corporate, commercial litigation or IP
- Knowledge of ALB Practice Management Software
- Knowledge of Companies House
- Audio Typing
- Amending and formatting agreements/documents as required
- Any general correspondence as may be required from time to time
- Organise, arrange and make changes to fee earners’ meetings with both internal and external contacts
- Undertake general administrative support tasks, such as filing and document management
For further information, and to apply for this Legal Secretary role, please contact Margaret Savage on 028 9008 0031. Visit our website for a full list of Legal opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing dependent upon the calibre of response.