A leading law firm, based in Belfast is seeking an experienced paralegal to join its expanding team. This position would suit someone who has strong legal and commercial skills who enjoys challenging themselves in the context of a varied and rewarding role.
The key aspects of the role are:
Supporting the Senior Solicitor
- Assisting in drafting of standard form precedents and associated guidance Assisting in the maintenance of up to date client information
- Assisting with varied on going matters, billing checks
- Working closely with the Finance and BD Departments to ensure that client and matter records held are kept up-to-date
- Assisting other paralegals in the team
- Providing reports and updates of work in progress items as require
- Working together with all other team members
- Management of databases and processes
- Strong academic background with a minimum of a 2:1 in Law or LPC
- Previous experience as a paralegal is preferred but not essential
- Strong organisational skills coupled with demonstrable database management skills are essential
- Must be a proactive self-starter
- Previous exposure to drafting commercial contracts is advantageous
Who client is looking for:
- Enthusiastic Team player
- High level of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate technical issues in a clear and simple manner
- Comfortable dealing with different levels of seniority across the firm
- Capable of reviewing large volumes of data in order to pick out the salient points and identify issues
- Prior experience of working as a paralegal
- Willing and flexible to provide cross-group and departmental support at all times
Market leading salary and benefits
For further information, and to apply for this legal support role, please contact Margaret Savage on 028 9008 0031. Visit our website for a full list of Legal opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing dependent upon the calibre of response.