This well-established financial service company provide market leading guidance with pensions, insurance and investment requirements throughout the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Pensions Systems Analyst to join this specialised company and provide their expertise.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
- Well established financial Services firm based in Belfast and London
- Will be required to develop and maintain the actuarial, pensions admin and treasury systems
- Will be required to perform general systems admin tasks
- Develop a range of calculation requirements, formulas and specifications for system developments
- Act as the first point of contact to capture and investigate system issues, undertake systems development testing and lead on UAT
- Manage testing and report issues (maintain test matrices and error logs), ensuring rigorous testing and high-quality assurance standards
- Proactively enhance the actuarial, pensions and treasury systems
- Review the status of automated output and provide regular updates on progress of any alterations
- Manage both the transfer and installation of bulk data ensuring systems are correctly updated and tested fully
- Provide efficient technical support both externally and internally and take ownership of all tasks assigned to you
- Act as a problem solver creating new ways of working and producing processes and calculation improvements
- Maintain knowledge of all legislative changes, company policies and procedures and ensure systems are updated accordingly
- Part-qualified actuary
- 4 years + DB pension experience
- IT Skills (including proficient in Excel)
- Experience of technical benefit calculations
- Experience of using pension systems and automated calculations/processes
- Experience of data manipulations in Excel
- Excellent understanding of Pensions and calculation methods
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Able to interpret complex information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Logical decision making and complex problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team with willingness to help others
- Drive and determination to achieve high standards
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience of systems testing
- Programming experience (C#, VBA, SQL)
- Highly competitive salary
- Employer pension contributions
- Company sick pay in line with policy
For further information, and to apply for this Pension Systems Analyst position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and John Sloan will be in touch.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.