This large national pensions consultancy group have been providing a market leading service across the full range of scheme options to clients across the UK for over 30 years. They are looking to hire an Experienced Pensions Administrator for their Belfast office as a result of growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced administrator who is keen to further advance their career in Pensions Administration by joining this prestigious firm as they continue to grow with the addition of new clients all the time. If you are keen on joining a firm who combine expertise, insight and technology to address the needs of trustees and sponsoring companies then forward your CV or get in touch in confidence.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
- To provide an effective and efficient pensions administration service to clients.
- Performing all intermediary and complex pensions administration and project related tasks.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- Managing day-to-day activities of staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of client work to agreed deadlines.
- Acting as a key member of the pensions administration team.
- Day to day management of client relationships with trustees, scheme members and corporate clients, acting as first point of contact where applicable, taking a proactive stance to gain an extensive knowledge of their assigned client portfolio.
- Project managing projects such as renewals, benefit statements, life assurance, PHI and investment switches. Handling any data processing and administration tasks, ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements.
- Ensuring standard documentation is scheme specific, and incorporating them into existing procedures.
- Handling complex pensions queries and pensions consultative advice.
- Performing complex manual benefits calculations.
- Monitoring ongoing procedural developments and implementing changes to procedures where required.
- Assisting in appraisals and the recruitment process where required, as well as supporting deputy manager in general HR, induction and performance issues.
- Contributing to technical sub-committees and technical administration discussions.
- Ensuring the billing process is processed to deadlines.
- Take part in marketing and new business activities including completing tender responses, attending pitches and presenting at site visits.
- Keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of pensions administration activities and can apply this knowledge to any scheme.
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard.
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Contributions (DC) schemes including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly and annual processes, benefit statements and renewals.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience although not exclusive as all applications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification – minimum grade B
- Significant progression with relevant pensions qualification.
- Experience of current pensions legislation and framework is essential, especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration.
- Experience of checking and mentoring more junior members of staff is required.
- Third party pensions administration experience preferred, although strong all round experience within an in house pensions department, which is not purely process driven will be considered.
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Competitive salary. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced administrator to advance their career.
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme.
- 25 days holiday.
- Pension Plan.
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle.
- Life Assurance cover.
- Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone).
- Interest free season ticket loan.
For further information, and to apply for this Pensions Administration job, please contact John Sloan on 07707257903 or 02890 080031. Visit our website for a full list of Financial Services opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.