Our client, a world leading and technology practice firm are looking for a Data protection Officer to join their busy global team.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to take on challenging assignments within an environment focused on growth. You’ll be working alongside smart, dedicated people and on projects from around the world. If sucessful, you will be within a culture that values growth, diversity and helping local communities. Great firm. Competitive package. World leading technologies.
Your new role:
The role will require you to ensure the compliance of all of the firms entities with the Data Protection Law (“DPL”) including the Data Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Principles, Processing and Sharing in addition to other key related rules and regulation and compliance via the implementation and regulation of appropriate policies and procedures.
Training, development and promotion opportunities offered. Competitive salary and benefits package.
Essential Requirements for the role;
- A Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Legal, Data Protection, Information Systems, Compliance or a related field and at least 3-5 years of previous experience data protection/data privacy,
- A compliance, IT security/ InfoSec, legal or audit background with a demonstrable level of expertise in data protection commensurate with the sensitivity, complexity and amount of data,
- Experience of providing advice on how regulation operate in practice,
- Significant level of knowledge of national and European DPL and practices including its implications for the manufacturing industry,
- Knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act and its implications,
- Ability to make good judgements regarding data privacy risks and to prioritize resources and activity around managing those risks,
- Able to conduct the role independently and with integrity, a self-starter,
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks and projects,
- Data Protection background and experience,
- Previous experience in manufacturing is strongly preferred.
Hunter Savage are a leading niche legal recruitment firm based in Belfast. All of the consultants are experts within the legal field and as such ensure that we provide a unique insight into recruitment market. All our candidate dealings are highly confidential and we ensure that we provide a personalised consultative service to each candidate.
Should you be interested in applying for this role please contact Declan Frith for a confidential discussion on 07702 908493 or email email@example.com