This market leading and well established company have been operating in the Co. Down area of Northern Ireland for a number of years.
This is a fantastic opportunity for Manufacturing Engineers to join a world leading firm within the aerospace and defence sector and bring their required skills.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
1. One of the Irelands and UK largest aerospace manufacturers
2. A Market leader and well renowned global firm
3. To work with the Design and Manufacturing Teams to ensure a manufacturing solution is delivered which meets and exceeds cost, quality and schedule requirements.
• Lead new programs / products through the Engineering Gate Processes to ensure on cost, on time & to specification. This includes Design Reviews, Drawing Reviews, BOM verification and Risk and Mitigation management.
• Liaison between manufacturing and design.
• Vendor support on manufacturing / design queries.
• Establish recurring and non recurring costs.
• From lessons learnt drive design for manufacture and assembly.
• Identify all tools and fixtures required to manufacture the product to the specifications and tolerances required.
• Work with operations team to drive efficiency advances by innovating our assembly & manufacturing processes
• Challenge both manufacturing and business processes.
• Ensure a safe working environment is set and maintained.
• Initiate and lead problem solving techniques.
• Identify, assess feasibility and manage change for both continuous improvements and mandatory requirements.
• Demonstrate that the manufacturing process selection has delivered in terms of costs, quality and cycle times.
• Support operations to ensure output & quality targets are achieved
• Any other duties as required to support business needs.
• Job Knowledge: Has the job knowledge and technical skills to understand his/her duties and responsibilities.
• Continuous Improvement: Constantly measures for the effectiveness of processes and strives to meet more difficult objectives. Generates new ideas and manages change effectively.
• Collaborative Skills: Initiates and develops relationships, and gains the confidence and cooperation of people within and outside the business.
• Results Focus/Execution: A results oriented employee who sets challenging goals and achieves results, whilst prioritizing tasks and overcoming obstacles.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly at all levels. Has the ability to adapt style, and listens to and values different opinions.
• Problem Solving/Decision Making: Evaluates, generates, and implements problem-solving solutions. Has the ability to analyse situations systematically and make effective decisions.
• Planning & Organising: Develops realistic work plans, sets goals, and aligns personal plans/goals with company goals. Manages time well and effectively, including personal attendance and on-time performance.
• Degree level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and a minimum of 2 year’s relevant engineering experience
• A higher level qualification, such as HNC/HND, in a relevant engineering discipline and 3+ years relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years relevant engineering experience with a relevant engineering qualification.
• 2 + years experience in a comparable engineering role
• Relevant experience in implementing the principles of Lean Manufacturing
• Working knowledge in an assembly environment
• Experience of new product introduction processes.
• Experience of Aerospace procedures and regulations
• Familiarity with the use of CAD systems
For further information, and to apply for this maintenance engineer position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and Chris Bell will be in touch. Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.