This market leading and well established company have been operating in the Co. Down area of Northern Ireland for a number of years.
This is a fantastic opportunity for Quality Engineers to join a world leading firm within the aerospace and defence sector and bring their required skills.
• To work alongside manufacturing to improve operational performance
• To establish/support quality policies and procedures that are followed throughout the business that contribute to consistent high-class performance in all areas
• Represent the business with customers and regulatory authorities with the objective of inspiring confidence and enabling positive cooperation in the quality of products and services provided
• Ensure the identification and control of all non-conforming products
• Develop, promote and lead continuous improvement activities
• Provide support and assistance to manufacturing in development and execution of corrective actions
• Lead/participate in quality system and/or process audits in B/E as needed
• Give quality input during New Product Introduction gate reviews and ensure that the appropriate quality criteria as well as process limitations are understood
• Develop and monitor production line/business unit performance metrics and initiate improvement plans when appropriate
• Leads and participates in supplier and in house improvement events
• Manage and support as appropriate internal and customer FAI’s, ensuring that quality requirements are clearly defined
• Contribute and participate in Material Review Board’s
• Travel nationally and internationally (on occasion at short notice) in line with business requirements
• Take initiative and seek results in a structured way
• Clear communication (both verbally and orally) to all levels within the organisation on quality related topics
• Job Knowledge: Has the job knowledge and technical skills to understand his/her duties and responsibilities.
• Continuous Improvement: Constantly measures for the effectiveness of processes and strives to meet more difficult objectives. Generates new ideas and manages change effectively.
• Collaborative Skills: Initiates and develops relationships, and gains the confidence and cooperation of people within and outside the business.
• Results Focus/Execution: A results oriented employee who sets challenging goals and achieves results, whilst prioritizing tasks and overcoming obstacles.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly at all levels. Has the ability to adapt style, and listens to and values different opinions.
• Problem Solving/Decision Making: Evaluates, generates, and implements problem-solving solutions. Has the ability to analyse situations systematically and make effective decisions.
• Planning & Organising: Develops realistic work plans, sets goals, and aligns personal plans/goals with company goals. Manages time well and effectively, including personal attendance and on-time performance.
• Degree level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and a minimum of 1 year’s relevant engineering experience
• A higher level qualification, such as HNC/HND, in a relevant engineering discipline and 2+ years relevant Quality or engineering experience
• 3+ years relevant Quality Engineering experience or Engineering experience.
• Demonstrate experience of completing problem solving activities using methods such as 3C, 8D, 7D, DMAIC etc.
• Quality Auditing Certification
• Working knowledge of lean principles
• In depth knowledge and application of ISO9001/AS9100 standards
For further information, and to apply for this Quality engineer position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and Chris Bell will be in touch.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.