This is a great opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to work with one of the UK and Ireland’s leading manufactures of construction products. This well established firm have been operating in the Co. Fermanagh area of Northern Ireland for a number of years.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
• One of the UK & Ireland’s largest construction manufacturers
• Ensure compliance with the relevant ROI & NI/UK EHS Legislation.
• Management of all Health, Safety & Environmental issues
• Dealing with daily health, safety & environmental issues.
• Ensure compliance with the relevant ROI & NI/UK EHS Legislation. Maintain & Update the sites Legal register
• Maintaining and reviewing the sites Management Systems in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001:2004 & OHAS 18001:007 – establishing and documenting procedures and related documentation.
• Investigating and recording of all EHS accidents, incidents and near misses and the implementation of subsequent corrective and preventative actions.
• Communicating with the HAS and EPA where required.
• Maintenance of waste management programme – managing an approved register of waste contractor and the organisation of complaint hazardous waste disposal from the site.
• Compiling and submitting bi-annual waste statistics to Repak.
• Organising weekly/ monthly EHS meeting with the sites safety committee.
• Reviewing and updating existing Policies, Procedures and job aids. Carrying out hazard identification and risk assessments in consultation with employees and charge hands.
• Third level qualification in a relevant Health & Safety / Environmental discipline
• Previous relevant experience within a similar role
• Working knowledge of current H&S legislation and its application within the ROI & NI/UK (accident investigations, risk assessments, Standard Operating Procedures etc).
• Excellent communication, organisational and training skills, with the ability to prioritise workload to meet specific deadlines
• Computer literate – MS Office.
Desirable (but not essential)
• Food Hygiene Experience
• Fetac Level 5 Manual Handling Instructor
For further information, and to apply for this Health & Safety position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and Chris Bell will be in touch.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.