Our Client is a leading contract services organisation, part of a large PLC, based in Belfast. With continued success and a recent move to new, modern premises, they wish to recruit an experienced HR Manager. This is a very diverse, generalist HR Manager opportunity, reporting to the HR Director and responsible for 2 direct reports and a local workforce of over 300. The successful HR Manager will support the HR Director in the implementation of strategy and organisational design, workforce planning, succession planning and commercial compliance.
As the HR function within the business is extremely well established, the HR manager can be an experienced generalist manager with a blend of strategic and operational HR exposure. Alternatively, this could be a great opportunity for an experienced Senior HR Advisor/Officer ready to take their next step up, into a managerial role.
- Report to the HR Director (based in GB) and support 2 direct reports
- Provide generalist HR support within the NI regions – absence management, TUPE transfers, disciplinary/grievance, performance management, reorganisations and succession planning
- Support line managers and employees with all escalated issues
- Ensure Managers and employees are aware of HR policies and procedures
- Assist the HR Director in embedding organisational values
- Assist Managers in identifying training and development needs
- Maintain the competency database for succession planning and redeployment
- Assist in the appraisal process and salary review process
- Support the implementation of strategic HR projects
- Provide regional reports
- Work with the recruitment advisor to ensure implementation of the recruitment and redeployment processes
- Manage absence and ensure consistency with trigger levels
- Comply with all health & safety, environmental and quality training
- CIPD qualified
- 2-3 years’ experience in a commercial, operational HR Manager role OR 5 years + experience as a senior HR Advisor/Officer ready to take a step into management
- Experience of working within a fast paced, multi-site environment, essential
- Previous experience within construction, engineering, facilities management, manufacturing, production sectors, preferable
- Experienced in employee relations, TUPE, recruitment
- Self starter
- Customer focused with good communication and engagement skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Permanent, full time position (Monday to Friday 8.30-5 – can be flexible)
- £35-42k base salary, dependent upon experience
- Car allowance
- Private medical cover
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 statutory days
- Free on-site parking
- New, modern premises
For further information and to apply for this HR Manager job, please contact Stephanie Mulholland at Hunter Savage.
We reserve the right to heighten shortlisting criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.