This ever expanding and established global technology leader have been operating in the Co. Antrim area for a number of years.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Hyperspectral Imaging Application Scientist to join a world leading technology firm within the manufacturing/technologies sector and bring their required skills.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
1. This role will include running the hyperspectral imaging application laboratory
2. Will join an engineering team engaged in the design and development of innovative spectroscopy products
3. Will work closely with engineers, physicists and customer representatives to create innovative solutions to complex problems
• Utilise existing hyperspectral image analysis tools and models for undertaking application specific development work (for example, proof of concept studies in relation to using hyperspectral imaging for industrial inspection purposes such as online food inspection)
• Develop new HSI analysis tools and models
• Set up and run a new hyperspectral imaging application laboratory and investigate new ideas and applications
• Prepare technical reports and application notes (both for internal and external readers) on viability of HSI to be utilised for specific applications
• Provide technical support for HSI projects identified by the company
• Work closely with other engineering departments (mechanical, software, electronics, optical design, machine learning, computer vision) and review of requirements and work from hyperspectral imaging perspective
• Support commercial team with demonstration and installation of hyperspectral imaging systems
• Provide regular feedback to management on project status and progress
• Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• Masters or PhD in relevant scientific discipline
• Two or more years’ experience with spectroscopic techniques
• Practical experience in the use of optical spectroscopy instrumentation and imaging systems
• Day to day experience in basic computer vision and artificial intelligence techniques
• Able to travel internationally
Desirable (but not essential)
• Two or more years’ experience in analysis of hyperspectral imaging data is highly desirable
• Practical experience in the set up and use of hyperspectral imaging systems
• Working knowledge of standard analysis tools such as principal component analysis, spectral angle mapping, partial least squares, support vector machine and/or end-member classifications
• Industrial R&D experience
• Experience of fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy
For further information, and to apply for this Hyperspectral Imaging Application Scientist position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and Chris Bell will be in touch.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.