Our client, an international Law Firm are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join their Defence Litigation team. Experience of working for a law firm in this discipline is desirable. Excellent opportunity for someone to enhance their skill-set in the market and work alongside market specialists on some competitive work flows.
- Process correspondence and documents for respective Legal Adviser/Partner, liaising with other secretaries and the Workflow Coordinator,
- Audio and copy-typing of legal documents using digital dictation.
To undertake various administrative duties which may include the following:
- Keeping files up to date (hard and soft copy),
- Opening of files in 3e,
- Preparing files for archiving,
- Dealing with faxes, photocopying and scanning,
- Dealing with phone calls in a prompt and efficient manner,
- Liaising with clients via telephone and email,
- Arranging meetings, conference calls and seminars as and when necessary,
- Maintaining Legal Advisers/Partners diary and follow-up system,
- Travel coordination – transport and accommodation arrangements,
- Organise events for the department,
- Organise couriers,
- Prepare and amend PowerPoint presentations,
- Coordinating billing within tight deadlines, printing and saving bills to directories and dealing with cheque requests,
- Monitoring and updating intermediary and client contact database
- Preparation of E-bibles,
- Support the Asset Finance team as and when required,
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the department, your colleagues and the DWF business as and when required,
- To follow all the Firm’s policies and procedures,
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained always.
- Ability to type quickly and accurately,
- Ability to deal with confidential information,
- Excellent communication skills at all levels using varying methods,
- Excellent administration / organisational skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Great attention to detail,
- The ability to prioritise their own workload,
- The ability to work on their own initiative,
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Hardworking, flexible and adaptable in their approach,
- Proactive in work ethic and strive for continuous improvement,
- Experience of digital dictation systems to a competent level is desirable but not essential as training will be given,
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
Hunter Savage are a leading niche legal recruitment firm based in Belfast. All of the consultants are experts within the legal field and as such ensure that we provide a unique insight into recruitment market. All our candidate dealings are highly confidential and we ensure that we provide a personalised consultative service to each candidate.
Should you be interested in applying for this role please contact Declan Frith for a confidential discussion on 07702 908493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org