Due to continued success and growth, my client is seeking an Internal Audit & Assurance Manager to join their expanding team in Limerick. This role will focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as business and practice development. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant seeking career progression in a firm that recognises the importance of positive well-being and a work-life balance.
- Management of a portfolio of clients which oversee the end to end internal audit or control assurance engagements, from planning through to fieldwork and reporting.
- Execution of the end to end internal audit or controls assurance engagements for more technical or high risk engagements.
- Assess control deficiencies and opportunities to enhance clients internal control environment
- Preparation and review of high quality planning and reporting deliverables for review by internal management and subsequently for issue to clients.
- Presentation of results of engagements to clients Senior Management and by accompanying Partners to present the results of the work at Audit Committee and Board meetings.
- Contributing to the development of your own, and the team’s technical acumen through continuous coaching, mentoring and leading of your audit team whilst on engagements.
- Effective communication with client personnel
- Completion of business and practice development activities such as responding to requests for tenders and identifying and pursuing relevant business opportunities.
- Taking a leading role in internal department initiatives such as training, business development activities, coaching, engagement scheduling and graduate recruitment.
- Minimum of four year’s Internal Audit, Risk and Control experience
- Relevant degree
- An ACA, ACCA, CIIA or other accounting or relevant qualification
- Motivated self-starter with ambition to continue progressing successfully your career
- Experience managing and leading teams effectively
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Experience presenting to Senior Management teams desirable
- Knowledge of technical concepts and relevant industry standards desirable e.g. Internal Audit methodologies, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), SOC1 reporting including ISAE3402 or SSAE18 and knowledge of regulatory requirements such as Investor Money and Client Assets regulations
- Willingness to travel (if required)
- Highly competitive salary
- Compressed working week in the summer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee recognition awards
- Tax efficient travel pass
- Corporate discounts
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Group discount with VHI, LAYA Healthcare and Aviva Healthcare
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Life assurance cover
- Social Events
I can guarantee confidentiality for those who wish to find out more about the role with no obligation to send CV. Hunter Savage are a leading niche accountancy recruitment firm based in Dublin. All of our consultants are experts within their fields and as such ensure that we provide a unique insight into recruitment market. All our candidate dealings are highly confidential and we ensure that we provide a personalised consultative service to each candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this role please contact Lisa Foley for a confidential discussion on 085 866 1933.