This well established firm are valued by consumers and retailers alike and have been providing high quality food produce for the UK and Irish market from their long standing Northern Ireland base for a number of years.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join a leading firm and bring their required skills.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
1. Working in a well renowned food produce company.
2. Will be required to plan, direct and coordinate all operations.
3. Will be working closely with production, cleaning and despatch Managers.
• Ensure that all operations are carried out in a cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements.
• Continually review and improve operational systems, processes and best practices
• Ensure that operational standards are continually met, across all operational activities and functions.
• Schedule, coordinate and plan resource requirements across operations based on the production plan.
• Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
• Mobilise cross-functional support as required to deliver the operational goals of the organisation.
• Define what the capabilities of the manufacturing facility are with respect to cost targets, delivery targets, quality targets, output quantities and packaging options.
• Perform gap analysis to identify requirements that cannot be met and would prevent manufacturing from delivering on business plans/forecast and develop plans to reconcile identified deficiencies in operational capabilities.
• Attract, Develop, Engage and Inspire all team members within operations by:
1. Training team members to standard
2. Developing Planning for success
3. Encouraging & Fostering Team Working across the site
4. Focusing on Coaching, Feedback, Performance Management & Evaluation
• The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level in a Food related discipline
• Proven Management experience in a high volume food production environment
• Self-motivated leader with the ability to coach, develop and motivate teams to achieve an overall top line objective.
• A transformational leadership style with a proven track record of implementing a best in class strategy.
• Exceptional communication, negotiation and professional presentation skills.
• Strong commercial acumen
Desirable (but not essential)
• Continuous Improvement qualification
• Advanced Food Hygiene & HACCP certification
• Practical experience of machinery and services
For further information, and to apply for this operations manager position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and Chris Bell will be in touch. Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.