This well established firm are valued by consumers and retailers alike and have been providing high quality food produce for the UK and Irish market from their long standing Northern Ireland base for a number of years.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical/Quality Team Manager to join a leading firm and bring their required skills.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
1. Working in a well renowned food produce company.
2. Will be required to drive and lead factory compliance.
3. Will work closely with operational teams, ensuring full compliance with food safety legislation, BRC standards and customer codes of practice.
• Ensure that controls are in place to meet required standards for product safety, quality and legality
• Ensure that Quality Systems & Policies throughout the site meet the requirements of the BRC Global Food Standard and relevant Customer Codes of Practice
• Drive improvements in site standards and product quality whilst reducing consumer complaints
• Implement and maintain HACCP systems for all processes to assure product safety, quality and legality
• Control documents for the Quality Management System
• Promote a quality culture within the site by delivering training aimed at improving people’s awareness of quality systems and quality standards
• Train and develop the technical team so that they continue to drive site improvements and meet business needs
• Manage the supplier approval process and work with suppliers to reduce non-conformances
• Manage consumer complaints ensuring they are investigated and responded to in a timely manner
• 3 Years’ experience within a management role
• Food related HNC/HND or degree with management experience
• HACCP Level 4
• In-depth knowledge of Food Safety System HACCP, GMP and hygiene standards
• Knowledge of major retailer’s quality related requirements, good relationships and knowledge of best practice food safety systems (BRC and Retailer Code of Practice)
• Interaction with the key customer team to deliver customer standards and quality
• Site departmental budget skills, awareness and compliance
• Strong motivator and leader with a willingness to share best practice and work on the common look and feel principals
• A team player with strong leadership and communication skills with interaction across the business all other key functions
• Strong influential and problem solving skills
Desirable (but not essential)
• Internal auditor training, lead auditor
For further information, and to apply for this Technical Manager position, click the apply now button to submit your CV and Chris Bell will be in touch.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice.
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.